Download The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese complete novel in ePub and PDF format. “” is a great novel with strong characters and a great storyline.
The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese Summary
Abraham Verghese, the acclaimed author of “Cutting for Stone,” returns with “The Covenant of Water,” a highly anticipated novel that follows the footsteps of its bestselling predecessor.
Set in the breathtaking landscape of Kerala, India, the story unfolds over nearly eight decades, from 1900 to 1977, tracing the tumultuous journey of a family plagued by a mysterious curse. In each generation, tragedy strikes as one member drowns, while water surrounds them in abundance in the coastal region of Malabar.
At the heart of the narrative is a twelve-year-old girl from Kerala’s established Christian community, grieving her father’s demise. Her life takes an extraordinary turn when she sets sail on a boat to meet her forty-year-old husband, whom she has never seen before, as part of her arranged marriage.
This young girl, later known as Big Ammachi, emerges as the family’s matriarch, bearing witness to profound changes that sweep across the region. Amidst the tapestry of joy, triumph, hardship, and loss, her unwavering faith and love stand as constants, guiding her through a life filled with remarkable experiences and unforgettable moments. “The Covenant of Water” promises to be a poignant and captivating exploration of family, fate, and enduring devotion.
About the Author
Abraham Verghese is a distinguished physician, author, and educator who has written four best-selling books, including two memoirs and two novels. He is currently a Professor and Vice Chair for the Theory and Practice of Medicine at Stanford University Medical School, where he teaches and practices medicine.
He is also a member of the Institute of Medicine and a recipient of the National Humanities Medal. He was born in Ethiopia to Indian parents who were teachers, and he completed his medical education in India at Madras Medical College. He moved to the United States for his residency and fellowship, and he witnessed the devastating impact of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in rural Tennessee, where he cared for many patients and learned the difference between healing and curing.
What is the Genre of The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese?
This is primarily classified as a Literary Fiction book.
Can I read The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese as a standalone Book?
Yes, it is a great book that you can read as a standalone novel.
How Do you read The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese?
Reading a novel is a personal and subjective experience, but here are some general tips on how to approach reading a novel:
- Choose a novel that interests you: Select a book that aligns with your preferred genre, themes, or author. This will make the reading experience more enjoyable and engaging.
- Find a comfortable reading environment: Choose a quiet and comfortable place where you can focus on the book without distractions. It could be a cozy corner of your home, a park, a library, or any place that allows you to immerse yourself in the story.
- Set aside dedicated reading time: Allocate specific time slots in your day or week for reading. Consistency is key to maintaining your reading momentum and progressing through the novel.
- Engage with the text: As you read, try to immerse yourself in the story and connect with the characters, setting, and plot. Visualize the scenes in your mind, empathize with the characters, and try to understand their motivations and emotions.
- Take notes or annotate (if desired): If you like to interact with the text, consider taking notes or highlighting passages that stand out to you. This can help you remember important details or capture your thoughts and reactions.
- Pace yourself: Reading a novel is not a race. Take your time to savor the story, appreciate the author’s writing style, and absorb the themes and messages conveyed. Allow yourself to get lost in the narrative and enjoy the journey.
- Reflect and discuss: After reading each section or completing the novel, take some time to reflect on what you’ve read. Consider the themes, character development, and the overall impact of the story. If you enjoy discussing books, you can also join book clubs or engage in conversations with fellow readers to gain different perspectives and insights.
Remember, everyone has their own reading preferences and methods, so feel free to adapt these suggestions to suit your own style.
Details About The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese
- Novel Title: The Covenant of Water
- Authors: Abraham Verghese
- Genre: Literary Fiction
- Publish Date: May 2, 2023
- Size: 1 MB
- Format: PDF/ePub
- Language: English
- Price: Free
- Status: Avail for Download
The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese Free ePub
Click on the button given below to download The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese complete novel. It is a full text PDF/ePub novel that you can download without visiting bad links. You may also like Sing, Wild Bird, Sing by Jacqueline O’Mahony